Thursday, September 10, 2015

He Who Finds A Wife...



Posted by ~ Sheldon Redditt on 09/10/2015

He who finds a wife finds a good thing... Proverbs 18:22

I dedicate this blog to the one person that has given my life purpose and meaning, my lovely wife, Amy Redditt.



He who finds a wife finds a good thing: Proverbs 18:22.  As I find myself getting older and wiser, I like to think.  I find myself reflecting more and more on the things that were taught to me by my elders.  I remember my Grandfather saying that the best thing that can happen to a man is for a good woman to come into his life.   But not just any woman, but a good woman.  At 10 or 11, I didn't yet understand what in the world he was talking about or why he was telling me about girls, which I didn't even like yet. I just listened and acted like I understood so that I could get back to playing with my Puzzle map of the 50 states. (I was a weird kid)  I now find myself reflecting on that conversation and that he was teaching me the single, most important, lesson that I would ever learn in life.  Fast forward to my last conversation I had with my Grandfather.  We were at the Veterans hospital in Memphis, Tennessee and we were having a conversation about him and my Grandmother.  I was having major problems in my marriage at the time and I remember asking him how in the world he managed to stay married for over 40 years to the same person.  He was quick to respond by saying, "Sheldon, when you find a good woman, not just any woman, but a good woman; it changes EVERYTHING.  Your entire existence is about making her happy, trying to put a smile on her face, every single day.  Now there will be days when it gets rough and you will have your share of problems but not a single day should pass without you seeing that beautiful smile."  He said, "life is too short to be with someone that doesn't make you happy and vice versa.  So, if you aren't with the person that makes you WANT to make them happy, every second of the day, that's not the person for you."  Enter Amy Miranda Redditt, the most kind hearted, sweetest person I have ever met. And I am not just saying that because she happens to be my wife.  Man, since this woman has come into my life.  Wow, I get emotional just thinking about it.  Everyone should be able to have a person come into their life, whom makes them want to be better in every aspect of their life.  A person that gives their life meaning and teaches them that life is not all about them, but that true joy comes from making a difference in the lives of others and that it is important to try to bring joy to everyone they come in contact with.  Man, I feel so sorry for anyone who has never experienced half the joy in their life that I do now, every single day.  I wake up with the sole purpose of figuring out how to make this beautiful woman smile.  My friends tell me all the time, "Man!  You have really changed!  What happened?"  My response is simple, "I have found the ONE.".  I tell my friends that are women all the time, "All men can change but they are only going to change for the RIGHT ONE."  I am so thankful that I finally found the right one.  So, as we celebrate your birthday today, I want to thank you for coming into my life and giving me the honor of loving you.  That Bible verse is so true.  A man who finds a wife finds a good thing.  This is my truth.  What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment