Sunday, October 26, 2014

Boys to Men, Generations Not So Divided (Thoughts on Women)

Posted by~ Sheldon Redditt on 10/26/2014


I've thought that this generation of boys was totally lost.  After having a conversation with several teenage boys, I've come to realize, boys today aren't thinking much differently than the men of my generation, when it comes to the fairer sex.  We discussed; girls with tattoos, using profanity, style of clothing, girls drinking and so much more.  Surprisingly for me, our thoughts are almost unanimously universal.  Honestly, I was shocked by these boys.  I most definitely judged them based upon the baggy clothes they wear, which is foremost in my mind.  I couldn't fathom, that a boy that thinks it's a good idea to hold on to the crotch of his pants, while he walks around so his pants don't fall down, with his underwear showing, could possibly think, anything close to what I think.  (But that's a whole other post!)  I've observed the way this generation talks, not only to girls but about girls and there was no way we could possibly think alike.  But, I digress.  I was absolutely wrong!  These boys let me know I was wrong on so many counts, which makes me wonder one thing.  Why hasn't anyone clued women and girls in?  I know my daughter will have all the tools to make the decisions she needs to and I thought, why shouldn't you and yours?  Now, there are definitely generational differences, but I believe that comes from growing up in a new era with social media that goes everywhere they go and the flooding of "reality TV" that penetrates our homes.  But, my hope is that, even these differences will change as these boys mature.


You witness these boys treating these young girls with little to no respect.  It's deplorable, but after talking to this group, I found that they meet the girls where they are.  If the girl has no self respect, these boys will not go out of their way to respect her.  Is it wrong?  Of course!  But, what's really different between that generation and mine, other than maybe the way they talk to these girls?  If you, as an adult male know that a woman doesn't respect herself and you are a single man, will you wait for her or try to get into her pants immediately?  Of course, you would want better for your daughter, why not her?  Is that respect?


A generation of tattooed people, certainly, they think differently than I do!  Again, I am wrong!  Well, partly wrong.  I personally, hate tattoos.  They mostly don't mind tattoos for themselves and don't necessarily think they look bad on girls.  But, where I found similarity, these boys also look at a girl with tattoos and immediately think she is easy.  They also think, that girl is not someone I would choose to take home to meet Mom and Dad and she certainly is not marriage material.  This is not intended to offend, but was truly our honest conversation.  And again, I was surprised to find that these teens thought like myself and many of my peers.


These boys absolutely hate for a girl to use profanity.  They think girls shouldn't curse and should act like ladies at all times.  These thoughts completely coincide with the mindset of my generation.  They say they don't want a girl that can out drink them.  In their words, "that ain't cute.".  They think it's okay for a woman to drink in a social setting.  But this new catch phrase, getting "turnt up", well they say, it's a total turn off.  


Clothes these days are becoming more like a second skin on young girls.  You see 13 and 14 year old girls with their butt cheeks hanging out walking around the mall.  The travesty is that their parents are often walking side by side with them.  These boys love, love, love to look at these girls.  And more than that they love the ease of getting into their pants, or lack there of.  But one after another said that, that's all they would love to do with them.  There is no way they'd take them home to meet the parents, or bother to open the door for them on their way out.  That brings me to my next point.  Chivalry is not dead, it's not required.  I discussed with them, my observation, of them not opening doors for women or girls and not offering to carry a woman's bags.  Their response was that, girls for the most part don't expect it.  Independence is the new, it thing, for girls.  They said, that if a girl ever says to them, "aren't you gonna get the door for me?", they'll fall all over themselves to get it for her every time.  But rarely does that ever happen.


I encourage all parents, mentors, aunts, uncles, etc. to have a conversation with the boys in your life.  You would be amazed to hear what they truly think and what you can find out.  These boys now number girls according to what sexual act they're willing to receive from her.  She's a 1 if they will let her perform oral sex on them.  She's a 2 if they will let her perform oral sex and have intercourse with them and so on.  The boys seemingly have all the power because no longer, do the multitude of girls realize that they should and can hold the power.   And parents, I can not express to you enough, TALK TO YOUR DAUGHTERS!  Let them know their worth!  Help them, help themselves, to not settle for less than the very best that they deserve.  This is my truth.  What's yours?





No comments:

Post a Comment