Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My three October babies

Posted by ~ Sheldon Redditt on 10/21/2014



October is the most special month for me. I love to see it come and I love to see it go. It's the time of year when my bank account drops to it's lowest point of the year. You see all three of my biological children were born in October.  As I'm writing this I just realized that they all came in order; Ryan, my oldest came on October 11th, Amari, on the 22nd and Hayden on the 31st, my Halloween baby.


look at all three of them and I am amazed at how all three of them have my personality but at different stages of my life. I will start with my first born, Ryan. Ryan turned 24 on the 11th of this month. Ryan is my most laid back child.  He's very smart and a thinker. He is the quiet one and doesn't talk much, unless he has something to say. When we talk on the phone, I feel like I'm talking to a mature 40 year old. He is very driven and doesn't let much get to him. I tell him all the time he represents me at my current stage in life.  At 43, I look at him and wish that I had it together like he does at 24.


Amari, my second born, will turn 12 tomorrow, the 22nd.  Amari looks the most like me. Now Amari, is the total opposite of Ryan.  Amari represents me from age 5 to around 36.  He is very confident and a little arrogant ok a lot arrogant.  Amari is very smart and he knows it.  He is a straight A student and his attitude is, "there isn't anything I can't do".  Amari loves the finer things in life and has no problem asking me for them, but is willing to work for them.  He doesn't bother anyone but if you bother him you have a problem on your hands.  He has a love for travel and tells me all the time how rich he is going to be.  I have no doubt that if he decided he wanted to be the President of the United States that he could. I love Amari's drive. Some people think he is my favorite, but I don't have a favorite I love all three the same.  He is the middle child, like me and I think the middle child feels they have to fight to be seen and heard.  I can't say enough about him.  He is a special kid and you see it the first time you meet him. 


Hayden, my only girl, the one I waited 40 years to have. Hayden will turn 3 on Halloween, but she acts like she is 20.  Hayden thinks she is the boss and will tell you that she is, without hesitation. Hayden is VERY independent at a young age. She started picking out her clothes at 2 and will have a fit if she can't wear what she picked out lol. She marches to a different beat for sure. She is the loudest of the three.  I don't know where that came from. Well, on second thought I do, from Amy's side lol. I see a lot of me in Hayden already. Hayden won't put up with anyone's mess.  She isn't, nor will she be a push over for sure. She is very caring and loving at a early age and I love that.  She asks me every morning, "Daddy, is your leg ok?"  And then she gently rubs it and says, "Daddy is all better."  So sweet!  Hayden already loves to travel and tells Amy and I all the time that she is ready to go back to the vacation house.  She is very confident and smart and knows it at a early age. Hayden, just like her brothers, will make a powerful impact on the World. Of that, I have no doubt. 

I am so thankful to have three loving and caring children, who all were born in the same month.  I looked up some of the characteristics of people born in October.  They were inner and physical beauty, treats friends importantly, loves to travel and has a love for the art and literature, very opinionated and doesn't care what others think. Yes, this describes my three October babies to a T.  I love all three of them so much and thank God every day for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment