Tuesday, November 25, 2014

FERGUSON BURNING: Three Tragedies and Counting

Posted by~ Sheldon Redditt on 11/25/2014


This is the post that I said, that I didn't want, nor would I write because of the backlash I received from family and friends regarding my earlier post on this subject.  After many phone calls and texts from friends and viewers questioning whether I would consider addressing this subject, I still felt hesitant.  After much consideration, I thought about the fact that I named my blog, "Into The Light From Behind Closed Doors" and I thought, how can I not share my truth, the way I see it?  Now, I know my opinion won't sit well with some and with some it will, but it's my opinion, so here we go.  


Tragedy Number One
First, I want to give my condolences to Michael Brown's family.  I can not imagine losing a child, let alone, in a senseless way.  I think that is the first tragedy here.  When the grand jury came back with the verdict, they did so based upon the EVIDENCE.  You see, when a crime is committed, the evidence is examined, not only people's account of what happened.  There will always be people that lie, which we have seen in this case, but the EVIDENCE doesn't lie.  This is one of the highest profile cases in modern history.  That being said, do you really think that if Officer Wilson had done anything wrong that he would not have been charged?  Officer Wilson was just a regular person prior to this.  What reason would, not only his police department but the attorney general's office and St. Louis County have to not indict him?  You must consider that these entities would be painstakingly aware, that if Officer Wilson actually committed a crime, the rioting and backlash that would ensue not only him, but them, would be great. It doesn't make sense, that if Officer Wilson committed a crime, that he would not have been indicted.  All three autopsies showed the same thing.  Michael Brown was not shot in the back, like eyewitnesses claimed.  These people lied, period.  We must look at the evidence and the evidence shows that Officer Wilson was attacked in his car by Michael Brown.  Officer Wilson had the scars to prove it and the evidence in his car proved it, as well.  Now, after he was attacked, Officer Wilson had the right to use the force necessary to stop Michael Brown.  As a former Law Enforcement Officer, we are trained to go home, period.  We don't shoot to wound, we shoot to kill.  What most fail to realize, is that we are trained this way because you can't and don't know if the subject has a weapon or not.  So, if you shoot to wound, the subject could, in return, shoot and kill you.  Again, we are taught to always go home, period. We must face the fact that Michael Brown is responsible for his own death.  I know many of you will be upset with that statement, but that is my opinion.  The evidence shows this. I'm not talking about the countless eyewitnesses whom later admitted, they didn't see what they said, they witnessed.  I'm talking about the evidence.  Now, are there corrupt police officers?  Yes!  Does racial profiling exist?  Yes!  I'm guilty of it myself.  But, in this case, I don't think it applies. 


Tragedy Number Two
The second tragedy in this case is Officer Wilson's future.  While it is true that every person that takes another's life should be subject to the due process of the law, which states one is innocent until proven guilty.  This man was unfortunate enough, to be crucified in the media before all the facts were known.  We rushed to judgement and this time we were wrong.  We can not compare this case, to that of Trayvon Martin.  The only similarity is that a young black male was killed.  One was murdered, while the other was killed in self defense.  This Officer did his job.  I know a lot of you don't like it, but he had the right to use deadly force if he perceived his life to be in danger.  Once Officer Wilson was  attacked, he did just that.  Officer Wilson, like any other law enforcement officer, had the right to go home to his family unharmed.  He has the right to be judged by 12, rather than to be carried by 6.  While, the legal process may be over for him, the ramifications of the media circus and America's cry for their perceived justice is not over.  This man in many ways is now one of the most hated men in America.  It does not matter that he was not charged because America charged him before he ever stood a chance to have to evidence prove his innocence.  Not only will he continue to suffer from the psychological ramifications of that fateful day, in that his nightmares will surely continue.  He will almost definitely never be able to secure another job in law enforcement, which I'm sure was his passion.  He now will have to relocate himself and his family, which will effect not only his life but theirs as well.  He will have to basically stay in hiding, for what may be, the rest of his life.


Tragedy Number Three
The third tragedy is that a select few of these thugs would choose to riot, loot and burn down their own community.  Can one get any more stupid?  Why would one choose to burn down the very places that you shop everyday?  I understand that you are upset and you have the right to feel however you choose, but why burn down your own community?  What does that prove?  This foolishness must stop.  All these small business owners dreams went up in flames.  Chances are that they will not rebuild.  So now, not only have you destroyed someone's dream, but you have lost the jobs of many in your own community.  You have negatively effected your community.  The money that could have been put back into your own community is now going to go elsewhere.  You didn't see white people burning down their community when OJ Simpson was acquitted.  We have to do better.  People told me that if Officer Wilson were not indicted that there would be riots.  I did not think that it would happen, as I just knew that something was learned from the LA riots.  There has been three tragedies already.  Let's not make any more tragedies.  Thankfully no one lost their lives last night and I hope there won't be any more senseless acts of violence.  We all have the right to justice, not someone else's interpretation of what justice should be.  This is my truth. What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment