Saturday, September 6, 2014

All roads lead to.....

So, I'm laying here with my leg elevated, after just having my second ACL replacement and my meniscus repaired.  I've always been one to be constantly moving and taking care of everyone and everything, but here I am, staring down the tunnel of what will be my life for the next six months.  Thankfully, it will be an uphill climb and I will succeed at doing more as time passes. 


But, all this idle time got me thinking about what I could accomplish with my sedentary time and it took me back to a time when a friend suggested that I start a blog.  I've always been one to discuss controversial issues with people face to face, once I really got to know them and I'm always, always thinking.  So, why not, I thought!  Why not get all my thoughts out there and open up a forum where people can have open discussions and get to the heart of the matter on so many controversial topics, from race relations, to politics, you name it!  I believe that if we are ever really going to make a change in this world for the better, then everyone will have to be open and honest.  I'd like to be a pioneer in the HUMAN RELATIONSHIPS department.

WARNING!!! My subject matters, at times will be controversial, but I will be offering my honest opinion.  If we are ever going to see real change in this world, the conversations that only happen behind closed doors in the privacy of your own home, will have to be brought to light.  I'm not looking to be or for any of my readers to be politically correct.  I'm going to share my truth, as I hope you will too.  However, with that being said, I will not tolerate HATE on this blog.  I am looking for open minded people that are willing to dig deeper.

My first topic is, "Why are whites considered racists when they openly share their opinions and black people are at liberty to speak freely without being labelled a RACIST?"  I will post tomorrow and I look forward to seeing your responses.

This just got real!

Sheldon




4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn’t aware you pulled your ACL…I pray for a speedy and healthy recovery, and congratulations on creating your blog. Your first topic is very simply and clear….Whites aren't considered racist because of their 'opinions', and speaking freely about their thoughts on blacks, that’s ridiculous!!! They are racist because of their 2,000 years of historical oppression of blacks/browns throughout history (slavery/religion/economics/murder/rape/criminalized society) etc….Please show me in history where blacks have historically oppressed whites socially and economically? Are you aware of the factual evidence of racism by whites (then and now)? We all have prejudices but the disenfranchised group can’t be racist because it’s about economics, equity and equality, and we don’t have that in these United States. It was whites who created racism, and a crimogenic society, not blacks or browns. Moreover, there’s a huge difference between prejudices and racism. Prejudice is not liking someone or something just because you favor something else (i.e. red over blue), but racism involves having the power to carry out systematic discriminatory practices through major institutions of our society. Last I checked the US educational and financial institutes are created/controlled by white companies (i.e Follett), so I ask you again where has blacks done this to whites? I’m going to leave you with a quote from Dr. Martin Luther King…."If the soul is left in darkness, sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness...The policy makers of white society have caused the darkness; they created the discrimination; they created slums; they perpetuate unemployment, ignorance and poverty. It is incontestable and deplorable that Negroes have committed crimes; but they are derivative crimes. They are born of the greater crimes of the White society."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure why it's posting twice. I deleted one then all were deleted?? lol

    ReplyDelete