Sunday, September 14, 2014

I Love My Strong White Queen

Posted by ~ Sheldon Redditt on 09/16/2014



Ain't nothing like WHITE LOVE!   White love is a beautiful thang!  I just love my strong white woman and how she holds it down.  Have y'all seen my European Queen?  She sure is happy to have a strong black man!  Now, doesn't that last statement sound a little more familiar?  Or, what about, "Ain't nothing like Black Love.", "Im so happy to have found my African Queen.", "Girl, I got me a strong black man."!  We all see it every day in our News Feeds on Facebook and in other forms of social media.  What if other people openly made these statements on social media, on TV or in your face?  We are the only culture saying things like this.  I don't hear Asians saying,  "There's my strong Japanese Queen". "My Chinese King is holding it down", not Indians saying, "We've got that strong Indian Love", not Hispanics saying, "There is my Latina love, ain't nobody that can put it down like a Latina!".  And why might I ask?  What are we trying to convince ourselves of? What are we trying to project to the world?

Now, suppose that white people did make these statements on social media or anywhere else.  The whole nation would be in an uproar.  They would be labelled a racist, white supremacists, bigots and anything else we might think fit.  So, why is it that we feel that it is okay for us to use these racists and divisive terms?  Side note- (Please spare me the messages and comments, stating there's nothing wrong with being a racist.  Because a racist is simply a person that loves their race.  Just like a person that plays the piano is a pianist, or a person who loves art is an artist. That's ignorant, you know what's implied by the word racist.) We always say that we want equality, but this is clearly a double standard.  Before you start sending me all these hateful messages, saying that I shouldn't have addressed this, because you aren't racist or divisive, you're just pro-black and showing pride in your own race, rethink it.  Because that's a bunch of BS.  If white people were saying they were pro-white, you'd be calling them the KKK.  But since it's us, we are supposed to get a pass??  You have to call a spade a spade.  It is what it is.  It's wrong!  If we ever want to be looked at as equals, we have to get our house together first and stop finding more ways to divide ourselves from everyone else.  There's enough of that, without us adding fuel to the fire.

And I know you're saying to yourself, "they just don't get it, it's a black thing".  How would you feel if they said, "you just don't get it, it's a white thing!"? Sometimes we have to put the shoe on the other foot, so that we might realize how ridiculous something sounds.  What are we teaching our children?  That they will only have found a good mate, if that mate meets the color criteria?  Why not teach them to simply find a good man or a good woman, that will love them and uphold the values with which they were raised, despite the color of either of their skin.  This is my truth.  What's yours?

1 comment:

  1. Sheldon, Omar here and all I can simply say about this post is you're very accurate about all your points. I find in the black community we often say or condemn things so called "white people" do yet the same ones are striving for the same things these "white people" have. Being born in an all black town in Mississippi I could have easily picked up the bad habit of NOT being culturally diverse but thanks to my mom since I was intermingling with various races. Not to mention, what's funny is since I was a teenager my mom felt I would marry outside of my race, but not because of my cultural diversity, she simply stated , "I don't think this generations black woman can handle you". I thought she was just being generous but she was being quite accurate and I've come to realize that regardless of color I need a special woman to understand and enjoy the enigma that is me I hope I find her soon... again kudos on another great post I look forward to more....

    ReplyDelete